What we believe about Jesus matters...How we act on those beliefs matters even more.
Statements of Belief can feel really old school. However, sometimes people want to know where we are coming from as a platform so, we included this page. Words on a page mean nothing. Jesus taught that living out those words is true faith. Every Student Sent involves Christians from various churches and Christian organizations. We have endeavored below to include the historically agreed upon core beliefs of the majority of Christians as the standard for a ministry or church to be included in our site.
These are standards for ministries, churches and other groups (student or staff led) included in our site. Student users are not required to adhere to these beliefs to use this site to interact with others but any groups they post into the site must adhere to these beliefs. Jesus hung out with everyone, no matter their background, while still maintaining holiness and strong faith in God. As followers of Jesus we similarly welcome anyone to come learn what it means to be a follower of Jesus. Students of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to come experience community centered around Jesus on Every Student Sent as long as they abide by the general use rules outlined in our Terms of Service
- We believe that there is one God eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s written revelation to humanity and that it is inspired by God, authoritative in all areas of life without error in the original manuscripts, and is preserved reliably today and throughout history.
- We believe in the complete deity of Jesus Christ, his complete humanity, his virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on a cross to provide our redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension to heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and his return to earth in power and glory.
- We believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit, that he performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live a godly life that would otherwise be impossible if attempted in our human efforts.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, but because of sin was alienated from God. That alienation can only be removed by accepting God’s graceful gift of salvation through faith. Salvation was made possible only through Christ’s life, death, and resurrection. Making Christ Lord of our lives by professing a faith in him is the only way to spend eternity with God in heaven rather than separated eternally from Him.
- We believe that God created marriage to be between one man and one woman and that sexual relationships are only to be experienced within the boundaries of such a marriage.